This week while shopping I went down the usual baking aisle, This time I decided I would try my hand at a bread mix. After all there's nothing more homely than the smell of freshly baked bread.
It came with some very simple and easy to follow instructions on the side, you can have a nice loaf or it makes 10 rolls, all you need to add to the mix is water!
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas Mark 8.
2. Place the bread mix into a large bowl and add the warm water. Mix for 5 minutes by hand form a dough.
3. Place the dough on to a floured surface and rest it for 5 minutes. Knead the dough for 2 minutes. Mould into a ball and rest for a further 5 minutes.
4. Mould the dough into the required shape. Place on a greased baking tray or bread tin. For rolls divide into 10 pieces, shape and place on a greased baking tray.
5. Dust the top with flour and cover with a lightly dampened cloth. Leave to rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
6. Place on the lower shelf of the pre-heated oven. Bake for approximately 30 minutes (for bread rolls bake for approximately 20 minutes).
7. Remove from bread tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
We enjoyed our scrummy bread with a nice bowl of Heinz Tomato soup.
This Bread Mix cost a bargain price of 75p! I think its a great price, and have already purchased another one.
Please Follow my blog with Bloglovin if you enjoy my posts.